Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Main Team Has Arrived!

Wow, what a blur the last few days have been!

The main team arrived on Sunday night. It was so great to see everyone and have my "flcok" all in one place. Those who know me know that I have a "mother hen" instinct. I'd called back to the States several times to check on everyone, but once they were on the plane there was nothing else I could do but wait for them to show up. We have several first-timers on our team this year, and I just wanted to make sure they didn't have any problems.

As we waited at the airport for them most of the passengers came out and we still had not seen our group. I was getting a little antsy. Was there a problem with immigration? Maybe it was a baggage issue? Whatever it was, all I could do is stand there and wait. After what seemed like a maddeningly long time, we saw the first of our group round the corner. Praise God! There had been a baggage issue with Sue and Stacey's checked luggage. It had been resolved and the team was free to leave. Yay!

We had Brian's 14-passenger van and Pastor Solomon's 7-passenger vehicle to carry everyone and their luggage. We all piled in and went down to what Rocky has dubbed as the "Kampala IHOP" where we had burgers and finally ended up at the Guesthouse at midnight. There was a little bit of a hassle getting everyone checked in, but I persisted in getting everyone in the same building. We made arrangements with Pastor Solomon to be picked up at 10am the next morning, and trudged up stairs to bed.

No comments: